As I was walking, I paused and remained still and looked in awe at this tree. It is majestic and made me think about this verse (John 15:5). The tree is strong, grounded, and feeds and nourishes the branches. This is so symbolic during this unprecedented time in our history. COVID-19 has taken the world by storm, and has spread at a rate that we have never seen. In these times, so much is beyond our control. The grounding comes from the Spiritual Guide in this amazing universe. Good will shine through, and we will be nourished.
At this time we must not lean on our own understanding and give into fear, we must rest our minds and live in the present moment. Ask yourself what you can see, smell, touch, hear – this may help to ground you in the present moment. Lets slow down our thoughts, and ground ourselves to “what is” not “what if”.
You may be asking yourself how do I do this with what is happening? I want to stay informed how do I achieve balance?
Balance can be achieved by focusing on what you can control vs what you cannot control.
- Do your part
- Protect yourself by taking appropriate measures as suggested by the media
- Limit how much you engage in media posts on COVID-19 (this can be overwhelming if it becomes the majority of your day)
- Develop a schedule for your day to day so you can focus on what you can control
- Make sure you include mental, physical, and spiritual wellness this may look different for each person
- Examples include yoga, meditation, online cooking classes, team work using MSTEAMS, walks outside where you can engage appropriate social distancing
- Ask yourself each day what brought you joy out of the day (even if it is one small example)
- Start a gratitude journal at the beginning and end of the day (this will help to set your mind for the day and then close the day off with positivity)
- Remember habits take time so reinforce the small steps
In this time while it may seem bleak as we witness the spread, I choose to focus on what I can control and these are the things I know:
- I am loved and strong.
- I am safe, fortunate and grounded in the now
- This event is bringing us all together in the world
- Love for one another is radiating stronger during this time
- I can still give to others from a distance and help those in need
- I can pray and send good energy to those that are struggling and be emotional support where I can.
- I have moments of joy every day, they are right in front of me – family/friends/love
Sending good vibes and energy to all those who have read this today. How do you stay grounded in these times? Remember by sharing it may help others.