Over these past few years, time feels like it is on fast forward. As the time flies by, I want to be still and to sit and take in the beauty around me. My anxious heart wants time to stand still.
We are only given so much time, it is how and with whom we choose to spend time that makes all the difference. As I reflect on these past 40 years, there were so many good memories, but a lot of my energy has been put into people, places and things that have zapped my core energy. Do not get me wrong, I am not a heartless person by any means, in fact I am highly empathetic. But what I have noticed is that the relationships that took so much out of me, and seemed forced were not the ones I needed to concentrate my time on. Also, the people pleasing nature that has been intrinsic to my soul, I need to let go of. This past year has been a year of reflection. I have made small changes in my life for the better, but it is time to keep moving forward and remove the items that get me stuck.
I will adjust my lens and my new focus will be on situations and people that align with my values (integrity, trust, honesty). The things I am going to work on will be to:
- Completely immerse myself and energy in my sons, moments that matter to them, to build self-awareness, self-assurance in them. Help them to see that the validation comes from within, and not externally through people, places or things. I thank God every day for my two boys who are so different from one another, but teach me every day about myself and the woman I want to be.
- Continue to focus on building strength, support, and deepened understanding of the one person I love most, my best friend, and husband. I am so very thankful for him every day, and I know that God gave me him to help me to grow.
- Spend as much time as I can with family, this includes extended family such as friends who have been there unconditionally through thick and thin. Take the time to show them through actions how much they mean to me.
- Continue to extend the hand for those that are less fortunate than I, and to show love and grace for the needy. Give back and expect nothing in return.
- Lead by example and challenge situations that may not be align with my core values. Pray for the right words in these situations.
- Focus on being still, realigning my center, with my faith and my Maker that has carried me through so much. Continue to work on loving myself from the inside out.
- Start and end my day with gratitude and abundance. Take the time to take stock of how fortunate I am every day, even in the pain and difficult circumstances that will challenge that.
- Let go of the needing to please in all areas.
- Let go of the worry or what ifs that I create in my mind. They are merely creations that could become reality if I chose to focus on it too much.
- Let go of the relationships and remove myself from situations that don’t feel good. If the relationship feels heavy, perhaps it is time to let go and adjust for what it is.
We only have so much time in this life, and through reflection, sometimes we need to make some tweaks for the good. Perhaps this reflection for me is triggered by seeing the woman looking back at me in the mirror has only so much energy and time. I love her, and want her soul and mind to be aligned and to be full of love. Today as you pause, take stock of the people in your life that make it easy, the moments that warm your heart and allow you to feel full.
May you be blessed. Abundance is everywhere.