The little girl with the brown curly hair, sparkle in her blue eyes, and a little white nighty runs to see what is under the tree. Her parents smiles beam ear to ear; its a full size doll house, with little plastic figures, excitement stirs inside. The same excitement is in her brother – he too receives his perfect gift. But the most important that they all share was the love for one another.
The love that resided within the home was lasting, deep, and strong. The mother that loves her children so much and wants them to have the best was quick to sacrifice her needs for her loves. A father that works hard to provide for his family to give them more than the pennies his family had, and wants to be the father he never had a chance to have. Two children unaware of the challenges behind the scenes, all they feel is love every day and have parents that care so deeply for them. Challenges come there way as they move from place to place, but the bond is never broken. The gift that grew was inside their home.
As I look back in time, I have such admiration for the love that was built in our home. We each have a story, the journey unique to each one of us. My journey has been one coupled with challenges but always fought with victories, as I had Him in my corner. My heart has been healed in so many ways, there have been hurts, pain, injury, illness, but as we moved through each of these valley’s the silver-lining always emerged – the love for family. Love. A single word that carries so much meaning…So thankful.
Years ago my Christmas list was about material things, but in this 40th year of my life, my grown up Christmas list is so much more:
- Good health within our family. Healing of ailments quickly and strength to run through our veins.
- Good health for our friends, and those that we interact with every day.
- Protection and well being for all whom we love.
- Protection of our sponsor kids and their families, may there lives be blessed and all barriers be broken so that they can have abundance in all things.
- For peace to reign in times of uncertainty.
- For those that are struggling for Hope to shine through.
- For people to replace anger with forgiveness, to have the ability to let go and enjoy every moment.
- Forgiveness to always be present.
- For our family to live in the moment and enjoy it to the fullest.
- For the focus of all to be on how we can come together and care for one another.
- For love to reign.
We are so blessed, to have the son of God that came to this earth to bring new life, abundance, joy and to always forgive us in all things. He leads us, loves us and helps us to navigate through this messy life. He is the reason that we have the good in our lives. May you be blessed during this Christmas season and may love shine on you and yours.
Dear Lord God, As I sit here today, thank-you for showing me the positive always. I thank-you for the abundance you have given me as gifts in love, family and life. May I always be grounded and focused on the people that matter, and may you guide me in times where I am uncertain of my focus. I thank-you for a heart of love that I have deep inside. I pray for all of those people today that are struggling, may you bring them light and peace father. If there are people that have lost loved ones during this season, help to heal the pain. You are the healer Lord. You know best, may we always trust you to make right our paths. Thank-you so much for loving us the way that you do. I pray for peace, love and joy to erode the earth. I pray for this in Jesus Name Amen.
May you blessed,